return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Rosy Boa . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Sept 28, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Sep 28, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Tucson Herpetological Society Meeting - Sept 30, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Oct 01, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Oct 03, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Oct 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Oct 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Oct 15, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Oct 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Oct 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

RE: Tom:

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Milk Snake Forum ]

Posted by: Nokturnel Tom at Sat Oct 8 22:25:45 2005   [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by Nokturnel Tom ]  

I am uncertain why you are saying I assume you are the one to blame for this? I never said anyones name. I am friends with a few big name breeders myself, and I am aware of people in your shoes and how this is affecting you as well. As I said I am sorry to hear about this. Not only for myself....but for everyone including you. I only own 8 Hondurans, many of them are not even breeding size. I have around 60 snakes in my collection. I have been keeping snakes for 30 years but have only been breeding for 5. I myself have had to lower my prices along with everyone else, and have heard the same from other friends. What is the most annoying part of all this is every other time I have some intereted potential customer to buy a snake they throw it in my face how someone on the classifieds just lowered the price again. So though breeders are talking about this problem, it seems no agreement on a new market price has been set, and it's a free for all and get rid of em as fast as you can before you get stuck with them type of thing. This is the real problem. If many breeders saw this coming and many speak to each other about things like this something of a more reasonable price may have been salvaged instead of this situation. Too late now, and as I saw it...and I am sure many others did too.....it seemed like these snakes were rare investment animals one minute and just any other snake the next. Just two years ago there was supposedly not very many Snows in existance, last year still not all that many. But this year what happened? They hit the magic number and passed the stage of rare and are now common? It does not make much sense. Talking about markets crashing....and also about patience....can you imagine how many people will buy into Ball Pythons and fail miserably? Or end up barely breaking even? If those people are not soured on breeding snakes....it is likely to think they just may come back to colubrids. Who is to say they may not even come back and get into Hondurans? We can never know, but for all our sakes I hope you and I and everyone into Hondurans gets what they want out of all this. Tom Stevens

[ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  Guys it could be much worse - Jeff Schofield, Sun Oct 9 02:28:48 2005

<< Previous Message:  RE: Tom: - jlambert, Sat Oct 8 21:45:12 2005