return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Fence Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Kingsnake . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

I think you get what you pay for...more-

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Boa Forum ]

Posted by: PanamaRed at Sun Oct 9 12:14:39 2005   [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by PanamaRed ]  

Some albinos, hypos, ghosts or whatever it may be are better than others. Selective breeding has alot to do with market price, if I or someone else bred hypos or albinos... etc.. for great color I wouldn't expect to get them as cheap as some that are going to be less attractive as an adult.

I saw a lot of hypos this season that were pretty cheap, but There are also hypos that are pastel hypos or just nice looking selectivly bred for great colors and they hold a better market price.. I'm not saying that there aren't some realy good deals out there, there are.. but 9 out of 10 times the folks with a premuim price have got a little more thought and time into their project. I'd rather go with those boas, just because of the fact that there is less risk of getting a pretty baby that grows up to be semi fugly..

In the long run I think the average looking morphs will become more affordable, where the ones that have been bred for specific traits will probably go up as they get nicer looking. There are still tons of combos of designer morphs that have not been crossed, and even more new morphs that have not been produced yet. Boas are not as far along as cornsnakes or ball pythons due to the fact that they are a bit more difficult to breed, and just haven't been bred as much.
-----
Ed Lilley, www.constrictorsnw.com

[ Show Entire Thread ]

<< Previous Message:  Market Value........ - ajfreptiles, Sun Oct 9 09:12:16 2005