return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply  
click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Anerythristics, ALL TYPES I-X, History

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Boa Forum ]

Posted by: ChrisGilbert at Fri Nov 18 08:55:08 2005   [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by ChrisGilbert ]  

Well here is a shot at answering some questions. Much of this information is from research, and some from my experience.

To start, we have Nicaraguan Anerys (Type II), Colombian Anerys (Type I), Longicauda Anerys, possible Venezuelan Anerys, maybe Belize or Cay Caulker anerys, there are Sonoran Anerys, Ecuadorian Anerys, and the Leticia Anerys (many are actually Colombians missrepresented for money).

Sonorans, Longicauda, Colombian, Leticia, and Nicaraguan have all been proven recessive.

The Nicaraguan Type II breedings in captivity are limited, but here is the history. Ron St. Pierre brought in the first Blood from El Salvador (I know it's not Nicaraguan), while working on the project he had Anerys born. People didn't think much of them, and passed on the opportunity (Amanda Burke said they passed). When Ron became allergic to rats he sold the Blood project to Tracy Barker (and the Motleys to Jeremy Stone). Tracy bred Blood X Blood and got a new morph (PEWTER), a Type II Anerythristic Blood.
Jeremy Stone bred an imported Type II Anerythristic female (for those of you who have not seen it, it is black, and possibly axanthic as well) to a Kahl Albino. The last few years he has bred the DH X Dh trying to produce Blizzards. I own a Type II Anery 66% het Albino from one of these litters, and I did have a Colombian as well. I will say that the Type II is completely different in color and darkens with age (this bloodline also doesn't get any brown and might be axanthic as stated before).
Ralph Davis this year bred Type II X Type II, and got a full litter of Type II. His (from pictures seen) have a little brown, but have black eyes.
Dan Sutherland bred Type II X Type II, and got a litter of Type II. Dan's animals look much like Jeremy's and may be axanthic.
Then our Locale friend Gus bred a Hypo Nic X normal Nic, and produced the first Nicaraguan Ghosts along side nice Type IIs. I believe Tom Burke has these now.

Colombian Anerys I believe were first bred by Ron St. Pierre, although this may be inaccurate. They have proven through production of the Snow to not be axanthic, and in every form of Colombian Anery they gain yellow with age. Some lines more, some less.

Longicauda Anerys popped out of various captive lines of pure Longicauda and have proven themselves recessive.

Sonoran Anerys seem to have high contrast, but are very black like Type IIs.

Ecuadorian Anerys I have not heard or read anything about asside from pictures.

Until EACH is bred to each other, OR we breed them all to Albinos and produce various Snows, we will NOT know exactly what is going on with each.
I personally think we should NOT do this. If each is kept in its own locale, then we don't have a problem and there is no need to cross locale. Yes a morph side to the purity issue, lol.
Because Nicarguan Type II and Colombian Type I are popular, and the two locales have mutations of interest to many, these may be bred together. However, before we do this, and truly create problems, we should wait for a Blizzard top answer the questions. If there is a true White boa, and the Type II is also Axanthic we will know it is different from the Type I.

By breeding Type I X Type II, if they are not compatible we will have a litter of DH Type I and II which will cause REAL problems. If the breeder sells them, and someone breeds them, what do they have? Also, who would want anything resulting from the breeding if they are not compatible, it will only confuse the genes in their existing project.

[ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: Anerythristics, ALL TYPES I-X, History - Gabor, Fri Nov 18 10:05:30 2005
>> Next Message:  Good info... - Rainshadow, Fri Nov 18 10:20:28 2005
>> Next Message:  RE: Anerythristics, ALL TYPES I-X, History - EricIvins, Fri Nov 18 18:47:02 2005