return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
click here for Rodent Pro  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Earth Day . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

What is the value of a jungle?

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Boa Forum ]

Posted by: boamorphs1 at Thu Dec 1 10:26:10 2005   [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by boamorphs1 ]  

The reason I bring up this question is because I have noticed a few jungles (not that aberrant either) selling for up to 6k and from what I have observed, many people (including myself) will be producing jungles this season if not next. I know of maybe 6 people in just the bay area that are working with them! So why raise the price so high this last season? Is this an attempt to get as much money as possible before other people start producing? People like Peter Kahl kept his jungles reasonably priced at no more than 3.5k for jungles with a good amount of aberrancies, since he has not advertised any more it seems that people raised their prices and are selling animals with hardly ANY aberrancy for ALMOST double.

Are we supposed to say “okay, no one has any left, let’s raise our prices”? Kind of reminds me of all the people that buy popular toys on Christmas and sell them for double on EBay or the local classifieds.

A few months back I was promised a pair of boas from a big breeder for a specific price, but after there was a high demand for this animal the person decided that he could no longer sell me that animal for that price and added an extra 7k on the price tag. I was a bit disappointed, especially since I invested so much in animals previously purchased from this breeder. Okay, I’m getting off topic…… let’s get back to jungles. I really think that we will be finding jungles for fewer than 2k in the next year or so to be paying 5, 6 or 7k now. I’m sure the people producing now will disagree but let’s take a look at how many people just on these forums have jungles and expect to produce anything within the next year or two? So, who is planning on producing in the next year or 2?

[ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  Oh no we may need a sub forum like the BP's now lol....(more) - vcaruso15, Thu Dec 1 10:53:05 2005
>> Next Message:  RE: What is the value of a jungle? - Locolizard, Thu Dec 1 11:27:49 2005
>> Next Message:  RE: What is the value of a jungle? - hognose15, Thu Dec 1 12:23:33 2005 image in post