return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
click here for Rodent Pro  
click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Kingsnake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - May 25, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - May 25, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Tucson Herpetological Society Meeting - May 27, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - June 01, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Snakes or even animals are not 'Tame' - it is a very misleading word

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Boa Forum ]

Posted by: bcijoe at Wed Dec 7 08:08:45 2005   [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by bcijoe ]  

It has nothing to do with the animal and almost everything to do with how you handle, treat and care for it.

Doesn't matter what snake you get, tame is not a reality. You can have the calmest snake in the world bite when least expecting. On the flip side, all the snakes my friends call devils and can't handle without gloves, I pick up with bare hands and do not get bitten.

This is not an attempt to make me look like some expert snake rangler.

THIS IS an attempt to have you and others understand, this is NOT a dog, and will NOT come tame, or become tame because you handle him a few times.

When new/first time customers are mislead this way, they usually call back after the first time the snake even LOOKS at them the wrong way demanding a refund because he is 'not tame'.

Your first experience with these beautiful creatures can be horrible due to your misguidance.

I suggest you go out and read some books or websites.

At the very least, look back at the other pages in this forum... your question and questions like it are answered several times a day.

Wish you the best...
Take care, Joe

-----
Thanks and take care - Joe Rollo
'Tis not the stongest of the species that will eventually survive, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change' Charles Darwin

[ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: Snakes or even animals are not 'Tame' - it is a very misleading word - Tsebelis, Wed Dec 7 08:32:37 2005

<< Previous Message:  Dwarf Boas - Tsebelis, Tue Dec 6 16:48:41 2005