return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Gopher Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

I Shipped Out a Snake On Monday.....

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Boa Forum ]

Posted by: Sunshine at Wed Dec 7 20:04:59 2005   [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by Sunshine ]  

...temps were a bit chilly to my liking. Everthing went well but I had several "gut feelings" to cancel the deal. I'm in Texas and was shipping to Florida. My major concern was the same as yours....the middle point. All I can say is if you feel uneasy about it just don't do it. I used a commercially purchased insulated box with 2 heat packs that were opened many hours before the trip. I tried to time them so there "peak" times were appropriate for the actual times I wanted them to be at their warmest. I even did a trial run before the real deal. Because of the worry it created for me, I will not repeat shipping during any questionable weather. Like I said, all went well, but it was not my intention to repeat this situation again. If you can't afford to loose them financially or emotionally or refund the entire purchase amount I suggest you wait.

Linda

>>I'm having a pile of boas shipped from Miami to Los Angeles. The weather's fine on both ends, it's the middle I'm worried about. I'm shipping FedEx and the nighttime temperatures in Memphis are in the low 30's...other than a good insulated box and heat packs, are there any other suggestions? Waiting for spring, unfortunately, is not an option.
>>
>>Thanks in advance gang.
>>
>>cheers,
>>Gabriel
>>
>>
>>
-----
When the student is ready, the teacher appears. When the student is ready, the teacher appears. When the student is ready, the teacher appears. When the student is ready, the teachers appears.

[ Show Entire Thread ]

<< Previous Message:  cold weather shipping suggestions? - g.gartner, Wed Dec 7 16:37:55 2005 image in post