return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
click here for Rodent Pro  
click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Milk Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Oct 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Oct 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Oct 15, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Oct 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Oct 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Oct 25, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Oct 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Oct 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Nov 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Nov 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

RE: hypo recognition

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Boa Forum ]

Posted by: jayf at Mon Dec 12 12:23:10 2005   [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by jayf ]  

well first, i would have to say that hypos are a visual morph that seems to be pretty apparent when viewing the animal. the only case where i could see someone possibly having trouble is with say a hypo nic., but even then i would say when compared to a normal nic. the hypo is obvious.
sunglows on the other hand are a bit more difficult to determine. there are often cases of nicely colored albinos appearing to look like a sunglow. the only way i would think to determine visually would be to look for the reduction of the 'would be black' pigment around the tail area. on albinos, you can see a slight difference in color between the surrounding area and the area that would be black if the animal were not albino. this should be reduced in a sunglow just as it is in a hypo. the only true way to determine would be to breed the animal. hope this helps some, but i find the more you look at different animals, the easier it is to visually distinguish them (sunglow from an albino etc).

in your case i am assuming you will be producing a litter with albinos and sunglows. i would think that compared to one another, you should be able to tell the difference visually when you accualy have the litter in front of you.

[ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: hypo recognition - hhmoore, Mon Dec 12 12:46:53 2005

<< Previous Message:  hypo recognition - hhmoore, Sat Dec 10 04:06:55 2005