return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Gopher Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Time for a change... (dial-up warning)

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Boa Forum ]

Posted by: wetceal at Wed Dec 21 18:55:58 2005   [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by wetceal ]  

Well, it's been quite a while since I upgraded my system or purchased anything new for my camera so I figured it was about time to treat myself! I have been using a Nikon D100 with a 105mm Micro Nikkor lens for the past three years. When the D2X came out, I REALLY wanted to get one of those but $5,000.00 for a camera body is a lot. Now that the D200 is out, I figured that would be a much more reasonable upgrade.

So...I purchased the D200 but I couldn't get a new camera body without some new lenses and accessories! I decided to pick up the Nikon 70-200 VR lens, a Nikon 60mm Micro Nikkor lens, the R1 Wireless Close-up Speedlight System, a set of Kenko extension tubes, a few Hoya Pro-1 Super HMC filters, and a Tamrac 614 bag too. I figured I might as well go for broke if I'm upgrading!

The 70-200 VR lens has been the first thing to arrive so far and I took the opportunity to play around with it on my D100. I don't know much about photography and what I do know was basically self taught through trial and error and reading photography forums. Anyways, I just wanted to share a few photos I took last night. Compared to pictures taken of the exact same animals using my D100 and the 105mm micro lens, the coloration, sharpness, and overall quality of the photos seems to be much nicer with the 70-200. I can't wait to play around with it some more...especially when my D200 comes in!!

I resized these photos fairly large so you can see the color and detail better. The originals are amazing...but HUGE!

Anyways, thanks for looking. Any and all comments/constructive criticism/etc. would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Celia

-----
Celia Chien
www.ExoticsByNature.com

2006 Boa Constrictor Morphs Calendar
2006 Ball Python Morphs Calendar

[ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: Time for a change... (dial-up warning) - AndreasE, Wed Dec 21 19:23:04 2005
>> Next Message:  WOW! You went all out... more... - topnotchboas, Wed Dec 21 19:39:09 2005
>> Next Message:  Holey Moley! Those are fantastic, Celia.! I can't wait to see more! np - LindaH, Wed Dec 21 19:48:57 2005
>> Next Message:  RE: Awesome pictures Celia....looking for more soon.... - ajfreptiles, Wed Dec 21 20:27:19 2005
>> Next Message:  You've got skills! ....... - Chris Olson, Wed Dec 21 20:50:45 2005