return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Horned Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

WOW! You went all out... more...

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Boa Forum ]

Posted by: topnotchboas at Wed Dec 21 19:39:09 2005   [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by topnotchboas ]  

There has been quite a stir about the new d200. Finally a successor to the D100.

I frequent a few photography forums and EVERYONE raves about the 70-200VR. Sharp as a tack and works well with teleconverters. The pictures I have seen using it are amazing. There is the new 18-200VR lens with VR2 (supposed to get ya 4 stops down I believe) but that is a mid-grade lens that is going to be no where near the quality of the 70-200. That lens is on my list but realisticly I will probably be settling for the sigma 70-200 2.8 because I dont have that kind of money . I've also heard excellent things about the 60mm micro... In fact prior to purchasing my D50 I was told that it would be an excellent prime to shoot boas with... said to be one of nikon's sharpest lenses within 10 feet. An excellent portrait lens as well.

I cant wait to see your pictures with the close-up speedlight system. Seems like it will be the ideal boa picture setup.

I'm sure you will love the new D200. I'm sure the new technology / extra megapixels will step up your game a notch or two.

I recently ordered a few additions for myself as well. Nothing of the caliber you are getting but a nice little Bogen monopod and a Domke F2 bag, I'm sick of all my lenses and accesories sitting in individual cases all over my desk.

Congrats! Try not to go crazy waiting for the UPS man, k?

[ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  Yup...sure did... - wetceal, Fri Dec 23 00:26:53 2005

<< Previous Message:  Time for a change... (dial-up warning) - wetceal, Wed Dec 21 18:55:58 2005