return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Fence Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Kingsnake . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

My .02(LOONNGG)

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Boa Forum ]

Posted by: Sloas at Fri Jan 20 21:36:29 2006   [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by Sloas ]  

If either the male or female go into shed in most cases I have seen that will interrupt the advances of the male,I take this opportunity to seperate them and feed both.I understand this is not the case in all Boas,I have actually heard of a male breeding a female while she was actually removing her skin.Bottom line if the male looks good(no sagging skin etc.)appears to breed with gusto then I say let them have thier fun when he is done he will move off.The last thing I would want is to see my female dying with a belly full of slugs.You really ought to understand that breeding is risky for your animals.My male albino got hammered this year by a female that was tired of his advances.took him almost three months just to get started but when he started he didnt climb back off for a full 15 days I witnessed what I thought to be copulation more than once a day for the entire period.Then he got off on day 16.On the 16th night I got in from work was watching the news and heard her hit him.I was fortunate enough to be right thereor she would have killed him.Sorry so long!Hope this helps!JOHN

[ Show Entire Thread ]

<< Previous Message:  Breeding Question... - NUCCIZ_BOAS, Fri Jan 20 17:15:29 2006