return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Gopher Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Healthy Herp
pool banner - $50 year

RE: Curious

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Rescue Discussion ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: JMcKay at Thu Feb 23 23:08:09 2006  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by JMcKay ]  

First off Katrina I have researched this forum and it seems I will not be the first to say to you..... We are not hear to talk about dogs. We are hear to talk about reptiles and in this case reptile rescues, who charge for their "adoption" services. Dogs are nothing like reptiles, Dog rescues are nothing like reptile rescues. I responded to your other pessimistic message regarding our permanent intake rescue. So I will also take the time to respond to this comment as well. There is no reason for any rescue to charge for adoption, when there are so many intake facilities, like ours for example. Not to mention the vast amount of truly dedicated herpers. Who do it for the love of the science and love nothing more than their animals. Why would you think I said only the wealthy should run rescues. That was never said. What was clearly stated was if you cant afford to run a rescue you should not attempt it. We... just like every one else here are doing the best we can to ensure that these animals (that by no choice of their own depend on us) are taken care of. I would never slam on anyone who is doing this for the right reasons. From the guy who can only afford to take in one gecko, to the guy who has several hundred sq feet of housing space and can take in an extreme volume of animals. If you want to know the truth I have taken in almost as many animals from people who payed to adopt as I have from every other type of rescue. Any one who proffits from the sale/adoption of an animal is an animal dealer. Other wise they would just simply use intake homes. I am not saying every rescue is set up for the wrong reason. Rescue ops. are very taxing there are food costs, electric, water, housing, propperty as well as buildings, intake segragation areas for treatment of every thing from mites to IBD, VET BILLS, med costs and I could go on and on. In short I am saying if you are charging fees because that is how you afford to run your opperation then you have probably taken in to many animals and you should find a rescue to give your animals to......... We are here to care for them.... We are here to love them...... We are here to protect them......We are here to let them live what is left of their lives in peace.....Money has nothing to do with it. As a matter of fact money is the main reason they started their journey in the first place.

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: Curious - Katrina, Fri Feb 24 12:32:49 2006
>> Next Message:  RE: Curious - Katrina, Fri Feb 24 12:55:58 2006
>> Next Message:  RE: Curious - jiffypop, Tue Feb 28 22:58:48 2006

<< Previous Message:  RE: Curious - Katrina, Thu Feb 23 14:29:21 2006