return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Earth Day . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Rodent Pro
pool banner - $50 year

I just want to say thanks

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Rescue Discussion ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: kwnbee at Tue Sep 26 10:57:13 2006  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by kwnbee ]  

I just want to say that people who take their personal time and love and pour it into these animals who have been abandoned and overlooked are much needed! I think that they should be able to charge as much as they think is necessary as they are their animals and I'm sure have built up some sort of attachment. How much would you charge to let go of an animal that you have nursed back to health and have bonded with? I realize that they are doing it for the good of the animal and to find them a home, that's their mission- AND IT'S A GREAT SERVICE TO OUR COMMUNITIES. I know very few people who have the resources to run a rehab facility for free, so by utilizing an adoption fee they are being compensated for caring for your animal and rehabing it to the point that it's adoptable. As far as shipping, some places do ship, but I personally cringe whenever I have to get an animal shipped because let's face it, it's hard on the animals and there are risks. So I understand that they don't want to ship they just put all that effort into getting the animal rehabed!

Anyway...just wanted to say thanks to all those rescuers out there!

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: I just want to say thanks - GrotesqueBurgess, Tue Jul 24 19:52:03 2007 image in post

<< Previous Message:  FREE REPTILES! Come and get 'em!!! - rugbyman2000, Wed Aug 9 20:18:56 2006