return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Gopher Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Join USARK - Fight for your rights!
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Rodent Pro
pool banner - $50 year

RE: long-tailed lizard concern

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Lacertids ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: hadeal at Sat May 6 12:31:07 2006  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by hadeal ]  

Thank you for your response.
You are correct about the male killing them. I decided to get two more females and watch closely. That very day I caught the male attack the tail of one, then shortly thereafter try for her midsection. I was fortunately able to move the branch they were on in time to save her. I then captured the male.
I spoke with the pet store I purchased the females from and they offered to trade my male for another one who would not be territorial, coming into the females' domain. He was also confident that my male would not be aggressive putting him with the store's lizards since it was unfamiliar territory to him. He agreed to watch closely however and separate the one I brought in and adopt him out separately if there were any aggression problems with him.
Now I have two females and one male that were formerly all housed together at the pet store. They appear to be quite content. I have even since removed two eggs and presently have them in an incubator.
They are terrific little creatures and I enjoy them much.
Thank you again for your reply.

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: long-tailed lizard concern.re-introd - roger van Couwen, Thu May 11 09:44:31 2006

<< Previous Message:  RE: long-tailed lizard concern - roger van couwen, Sat May 6 09:39:57 2006