at Tue May 2 05:33:04 2006 [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by TJP ]
You don't need to get bitten to develop a sensitivity to venom, all you need is to get exposed to it over a number of years. There are people who have been bitten once and anaphylaxis has set in, but this is more usual in people who milk snakes. It's hard to say whether or not you will be allergic to it. Bites can and do happen, it's part of the risk of keeping VENOMOUS snakes. An Epi-pen will take care of any fears you may have, unless it's a fear of jabbing yourself with a needle. I won't get into the whole venomous vs venomoid thing.
[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Hide Replies ]