return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
International Reptile Conservation Foundation  
click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Gopher Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
Layne Labs - Natural Diets for Pets & Wildlife
pool banner - $50 year

What Kind of Albino is this?

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Morph Discussion ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: Ackie89 at Sun Jun 18 23:49:26 2006  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by Ackie89 ]  

Hello there I have a question about two of my albino leopards that hatched a little over 3 weeks ago. When they hatched they had the coloration of what I would consider a normal albino (yellowish/pinkish skin tone). After their first shed I noticed that their coloration began to darken considerably more than previous albinos I had. The second of the two albino's to hatch is now extremely dark colored. He seems to be turning black. So my question is what is this?

Below are links to the pics of them, the pics are of a higher resolution than I can post directly in Kingsnake...

The first photo:

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h55/Ackie89/turtles015.jpg

Is the first albino of the two, I believe. That photo was taken within a few days of hatching.

The second Photo:

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h55/Ackie89/turtles025.jpg

Is that same Albino 3 weeks later. Notice the darkening of his
tone...

But the strangest photo is of the second albino at 3 weeks old, it had the same coloration as the first albino when it hatched also. But after 3 weeks it has undergone a extreme darkening.

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h55/Ackie89/turtles022.jpg

Notice how the white around his head has dark spots beginning to show through...as well as how the pink bars have change to that dark color now.

Any ideas on what this change in color is from? Please let me know what you guys think. Thanks for your time, Lance

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: What Kind of Albino is this? - IMacBevan, Mon Jun 19 12:11:07 2006