return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Frog . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Chameleon . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - May 25, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Healthy Herp
pool banner - $50 year

RE: Shane about my photo

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Mountain/Tree Dragons ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: jobi at Thu Sep 21 23:56:08 2006  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by jobi ]  

I own a very large reptile collection in an equally large private facility, however until a few years ago my favourite reptile room was my quarantine station, this was not used to quarantine reptiles but for sick and dieing imports that belonged to dealers.

I started doing this when I was 13 old, being from a poor family I could not afford buying reptiles, so I would take donation of dieing animals from the dealer, of course they all died on me back then, my mother must have felt sorry to see how devastated I was every time I lost a reptile. But still I kept trying and with time was les affected by there lost, I improved very slowly, eventually in my mid 20s dealers would let me take more and more of there week animals in hope to salvage some, eventually in my late 20s I was starting to be pretty good at salvaging them, it got to the point that I kept improving and lost very few animals even when dealing large numbers. My best results have been achieved these past 6-7 years, ever sins I stop using drugs to cure PARASITISM a husbandry disease.

I strongly advise you to set up a 20-30gal cage, well hydrated and heated with only a single 25w bulb with reflector, get a dieing crappie parasite infested lizard from any dealer willing to give you the poor thing, simply hydrate him and if he is to week to feed on his own, blend a few bugs and liquefy with water, then tub feed him a few meals, you will be amazed on how reptiles can recover when they have the tools to do so.

Do this over and over again, with all kinds of reptiles, theirs nothing that can bring you more rewording experience in herpetoculture.

Ps. I will be 43 old next week, this post just made me realise that I have been a herper 30 years now, sure hope we can exchange for 30 more.

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: Shane about my photo - Shane_R, Sun Sep 24 00:49:50 2006

<< Previous Message:  RE: Shane about my photo - Shane_R, Thu Sep 21 22:39:11 2006