return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Join USARK - Fight for your rights!
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Rodent Pro
pool banner - $50 year

RE: Debating Adopting a 1 TOED House Gecko!

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Tokay Geckos ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: girly_girl3 at Tue Oct 10 12:00:11 2006  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by girly_girl3 ]  

I am new to the House Gecko. Actually, I'm new to Geckos period. I have 3 House Geckos and 1 Crested. Started with 2, but one escaped (good escape artists they are). They're not that friendly and don't necessarily like to be held. They do bite, but not that bad. I can hold mine, With the legs on my thumb and another finger holding them in place. They seem to like being petted under the chin and talked to. If you were to get him, have vine like plastic plants for him, plus one of those "cork logs" (so you can inside of it). I also bought a bendable branch for them to climb on too. I use dirt/tambark type substrate. Mist in the morning and night. Have a day light and a night one. And feed them 1/4" inch crickets. I'll put a few in there, along w/ the green square looking cricket food so they're gut loaded. I've only had them a couple weeks and don't see them often. But they're neat. The one that got our is running around my house somewhere, I hope.

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: Debating Adopting a 1 TOED House Gecko! - corwinsfattail, Tue Oct 10 19:51:47 2006

<< Previous Message:  Debating Adopting a 1 TOED House Gecko! - corwinsfattail, Wed Oct 4 17:24:57 2006