return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Gopher Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Rodent Pro
pool banner - $50 year

RE: OH NO!!! solution

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Water Dragons & Basilisks ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: mikenbecka at Fri Oct 20 10:34:24 2006  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by mikenbecka ]  

Thanks again to everyone for their helpful advice and speedy responses.

I guess they came from the peat moss I bought for her eggs. Ironically, she dug alot in there this time but did not lay there. I found eggs all over the enclosure. Even one in the water! We did not keep them.

Good to see you are still around the forums Ingo. A teardown is in order for sure. We have 2 powersuns (not pictured because they had burned out and we were waiting on the new ones to get here) and a flourescent and a heat lamp as it is getting cooler this time of year and they are by a window. We try to keep the temp in the livingroom 75 but that still isnt quite warm enough for them. I need to go buy some supplies to redecorate the cage. I sm sure the plants can be washed but the carpert and padding will have to go. I will have to see what I am up against when I take it apart. She always climbs the hanging baskets in the back (he is too heavy so it is a good way for her to escape him) and he usually sticks to the bamboo. I have considered a wall, but am worried about the high jumps they make to the water and broken bones. Also, we are concerned that they may try to jump on the lights and get burned or hurt. We do have about 1 foot of unused space at the top because of this. Any thoughts anyone? Pimp my viv?

The enclosure is pretty cool. My brother built it. The bottom is one piece, the walls are 5 pieces plus a sliding door and the top is a single piece. It is modular so that if we ever for some unforseen reason have to move it out of the livingroom, we can. Also we have put it on a piece of plywood that is on about 6 of those moving discs so we can slide it away from the wall in case of -heaven forbid- a leak. It is hella heavy.

It does look kinda messy now because when they eat they sling the mice and wet calcium dust goes everywhere. Ill take care of that during the remodel.

Thanks again for all the responses.

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Hide Replies ]

>> Next topic:  what is this? - qpttop, Sun Oct 29 07:23:49 2006
<< Previous topic:  nose rubbing - ross.geddes, Sun Oct 8 13:58:18 2006