return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Join USARK - Fight for your rights!
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Rodent Pro
pool banner - $50 year

Question about sick frog (Long)

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Pacman,Horn,Budgett Frogs ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: lmalcolm at Tue Nov 7 16:50:47 2006  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by lmalcolm ]  

I have a pacman that is approximately 4-5 months old. I first took it to the vet about 2 1/2 weeks ago because it was not defecating like normal. He couldn't find anything wrong when he examined her and when I got home she had defecated a lot. I thought the problem was solved. Gradually over these 2 1/2 weeks she has not been wanting to eat very much maybe 1 or 2 crickets every 3-4 days and still no poop. Last night I noticed she was very dry so I added more water to her moss. I found her a short time later in her water bowl. Then when I went to check on her before I went to bed she was flipped over on her back. I thought she was dead. I flipped her back and she was OK. When I got up this morning she was lethargic and looked like she had swollen pink tissue around her lips. I took her back to the vet and he said he thought she had a bacterial infection possibly pseudomonas. He gave her an injection of amikacin and dexamethasone. The pink tissue was actually her tongue which was grossly swollen. I have to give her one injection for the next 4 days. Has anyone experienced anything like this? I also want to mention that I have noticed small black worms in her water bowl. I asked the vet about this and he said he had never heard of these kind of worms and didn't think that had anything to do with her being sick. He said they were probably something from my house. I am concerned about the worms. I am not overly impressed with this vet. I have lots of frogs and I would think if the worms were caused by something in my house then they would be in all of my frog cages. They are not in any cage except hers and she is the only sick frog. Does anyone have a clue what these might be?

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  WORMS = WORMS - APLAXAR, Fri Nov 10 12:35:01 2006 image in post