return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Join USARK - Fight for your rights!
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Rodent Pro
pool banner - $50 year

RE: Educational Program! comments?

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Tegus ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: crimsonwolf1313 at Sun Nov 19 14:56:51 2006  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by crimsonwolf1313 ]  

Lol wow there is someone out there like me, crazy.In high school i did the same thing i went to my old elemtry school to teach kids about animals (mainly reptiles). They were a big hit and other schools asked me to do the same thing, course leaving school for a day was a reward in itself.

Some advice, watch feeding scheduals, there is nothing worse then a 1st grader getting pooped on my a plated lizard.

Second, hand sanitizer and loads of it, little kids and adult alike will not wash their hands even if you tell them to. Although i doubt your reptiles are harboring anything, it helps keeps the teachers and parents minds at rest.

Transport, if you don't have the figured out this can be a problem, oh and wagons are a great tool for getting them from the car to the class room.

Other then that i can't think of too much more, i'm sure your ready for the questions they tend to be more interested in where you got them and how much the cost... i try to be hinest in telling how much the animal cost and then its set up and food budget that way they think twice before getting one. Man i miss doing programs i had to down size when i moved for college but now im thinking of starting up again... just with alot more interesting of animals.

Good luck and just have fun with it.
Oh and make sure ur animals and healthy and frienly becuase no matter what kids will want to play with the animal even if you tell them not to.
-----
Leo Gex
1.3 noramls or hi-yellows
1.0 Giant normal phase het for temper albino
0.2 Giant temper albino
0.2 Temper albinos
1.0 Tangerine Temper albino
0.1 super-hypo Tangerine carrot tail/head
0.1 hypo and baldy Tangerine
0:1 Blizzared
1:0 patternless
0.1 jungle rainwater albino