return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: False Coral Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
Polar Rodents - US based provider of frozen rats and mice.
pool banner - $50 year

RE: Update on the Rescue Dragons

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Water Dragons & Basilisks ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: j3nnay at Wed Dec 13 16:00:59 2006  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by j3nnay ]  

Ball pythons are extremely awesome snakes. I have three and love them to pieces. Their setup is simple, their requirements are, for the most part, simple, but they're still extremely fascinating and fun to interact with. They're very long lived with proper care - if you're in California I'm guessing you're in the first two years of highschool, so this is a snake that'll be around when you hit your midlife crisis at 40! I've had my first ball since I was 5 years old, and she's about to turn 15.
Hognose snakes... I agree, their faces are cute, but I'd do research into which particular species you were going to get along with its specific husbandry requirements. Some need much more humidity than others, and that can be extremely tricky in a dryer climate or when you don't have much in the way of a flexible schedule to mist or spend time moistening substrate.

Whatever snake you get, do your best to make sure its captive bred and eating well.

Haha, Romeo and Juliet was so ridiculous. I know it's supposed to be a tragedy but when you think about it it's really rather funny.
Romeo: "We've known each other for less than 24 hours, let's get married!"
Juliet: "Oh Romeo, you're so romantic! But of course!"
Romeo: "Oh no, I must flee because I accidentally killed your cousin!"
Juliet: "Oh no!"
Juliet: "I don't want to marry the whats-his-name that Father has set me up with! I shall fake suicide!"
Romeo: "I have returned, dearest Juliet! What is this? You're dead? I must kill myself!"
Juliet: "I have awakened, dearest Romeo! Oh no, you've killed yourself! I must kill myself!"

Rather silly, really.

~jenny
-----
1.2 normal ball pythons (Cindy, Darwin, and Periscope)
0.0.1 california kingsnake (Tetris)
0.2 rescue chinese water dragons
1.0 rex rat (Scurvy)
1.0 gerbil (Yerbul)
0.1 bunny (Spazz)
1.1 betta fishes (Vicious and Killer)
2.2 great danes (Shasta, Odysseus, Merlot, and Watson)
1.0 fat fuzzy mutt (Smokey)
1.1 cats (Thidwick and Turtle)
2.0 horses (Buddy and Sam)
1.0 goat (Billy Jack)
1.25 chickens (Ugly the rooster and his harem)

"God is a comedian playing to an audience too afraid to laugh." - Voltaire

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Hide Replies ]

>> Next topic:  B.basiliscus barbouri - qpttop, Sat Dec 2 10:15:06 2006
<< Previous topic:  My Aussie WDS - seductivereptile, Tue Nov 21 13:26:24 2006