return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
Polar Rodents - US based provider of frozen rats and mice.
pool banner - $50 year

RE: Fufilling my Pacmans carnal needs..

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Pacman,Horn,Budgett Frogs ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: froggie2006 at Wed Dec 20 01:49:48 2006  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by froggie2006 ]  

I don't think it would make a difference. My frogs go through periods where they are just noisy as heck-- and anything-- the phone, a doorbell, or a loud voice will get them going.

The croaking is a response to some external cue usually, they hear frequencies that we don't, and we hear some that they don't, so it is difficult to find out what triggers them specifically. Plus, once a frog has decided it is breeding season, you can't disabuse him of this notion no matter how may females you provide. He will continue to call until breeding season is over, female or no female.

That said, I have been sucessful over the years with behavior modification in the form of a cardboard box or the bathtub. Once the frog starts calling and driving me batty, I remove him from his cage and put him in the bathtub or a cardboard box in a cool part of the house. Maybe the cold tile cools his jets, or the darkness of the box disorients him, but after a few nights of this, he pipes down and only calls occasionally.
Certain individuals have learned to never call much once this method has been employed, so give it a try- it ma work for you.

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

<< Previous Message:  Fufilling my Pacmans carnal needs.. - blankavatar, Wed Dec 20 00:46:33 2006