return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Can a virus save Frogs from fungal disease? . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Join USARK - Fight for your rights!
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
Polar Rodents - US based provider of frozen rats and mice.
pool banner - $50 year

RE: New to pacman frogs

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Pacman,Horn,Budgett Frogs ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: AZN_Pacman at Mon Dec 25 20:28:30 2006  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by AZN_Pacman ]  

Yo watup ?

Welcome to the pacman society XD

Alright, listen to my directions, i have a pacman, and i know my stuff, so pay attention.

Your tank is good. Get a cover for it. If you don't, soon fruit flies will start "invading" your home. They spawn like crazy in frog tanks, but they aren't in any way harmful to your frogs, but they are a nuisance during the summer. The cover will also keep the humidity. You need lighting. If you keep it by a window... then no matter. LIghting will just make the whole thing seem natural, and appeals to the eye... who wants a dark unappealing tank? You have to buy substrate. NEVER BUY SAND... i don't know any single person who has successfully raised a pacman without dying with sand. Sand is irritating, and when the paccys flick their clumsy tongues, they will get a gob of sand. Go to the petstore and buy reptibark, or more preferably, expandable coconut based soil. Never go to gardening stores, their soils OBVIOUSLY have fertilizers and MANY MANY MANY MANY parasites. If you don't believe me, take some soil from the gardening store, leave it inside your house in a jar, and wait. Soon, you'll be seeing creepy crawlies. EVEN IF THE SOIL IS ORGANIC< "PEST FREE" or watever. I mean come on.... are frogs plants???? Then you need plants... preferably real because plants appeal to the eye, keep humidity, suck up nutrients, make the tank stink less, and the frog will love how natural his environment is. Now you need a water bowl. This can be anything... a cottage cheese tub, dog bowl... but if you want something that looks good, go to the petstore and get one that will look good, while supportin your frog. No matter how runty a pacman may be, they will always get big. Use spring water, or dechlorinated water. OR get wat i have, reptisafe dechlorinator by Zoomed. This water purifier for amphi/rept will dechlorinate, add electrolytes, calcium, and all the good stuff. Now get a source of heat. If you get a heat pad, never put it on the bottom of the tank. I have tried, and the bottom gets hot enough to burn your hand. Thats why all companies now decreased pad powers, and recommend you to put it on the side of the tank (only get the adhesive ones). OR you can get what i have, a couple rock heaters which are eye appealing. Get something like coconut home or log home. You can get a spray bottle for misting and thermometer gauge.

If you already have the tank, you'll only need to spend about 100$ for all these. If you are unfortunately on a budget, but plan on getting stuff later (you should get most of the things i recommended.... trust me, these paccies are not suppose to be here in north america, there supposed to be in south america, but we humans selffishly take them here for our own likings)... respect your pet. Anyways, THE MUST are substrate, cover, lighting, water dish (they are frogs.... frogs=water), and heat source.

You must plan on spending about 3 bucks on food every month at the least. You can get vitamins for it (powder), but i found it really makes no difference if you have that special water-dechlorinator (Zoomed) because the zoomed thing adds the electrolytes and calcium into the water that your frog shoudl soak in daily.

Pacmans are lazy except when they feed and soak water. They are ambush predators. When you get your paccy, it takes about 5 days until it will start eating. It would probably be in shock because of its new surroundings, and it probably ate back at the dealer or petstore.

What it eats: not really crickets unless its young (baby), mealworms, waxworms, pinkies(baby mice.... really small one... half the size of your pinky) you get them at petco or somewhere, nightcrawlers, goldfish. I can't really think of anything else they would eat. If it doesn't eat, its either not hungry, or sick. The thing is, choose the healthiest, fattest, and largest paccy you can find at the dealer. Chances are that that one is the healthiest. You should preferably buy a juvenile paccy (2-3 inches in diameter, they are so fat, they're circular). Baby pacmans are really weak, and prone to metabolic bone diseaes and other crap. I learned it the hard way

If you have any questions, email me at bassmaster360@msn.com

If i get any prank messages, i will track you down because i am "good" with computers... and you'll never know what i'll do to yours *ahem*

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: New to pacman frogs - nickbachman, Tue Dec 26 05:01:40 2006
>> Next Message:  RE: New to pacman frogs - EdK, Tue Dec 26 07:07:35 2006
>> Next Message:  RE: Pacman Frogs - chameleoncounter, Thu Oct 2 12:47:19 2008

<< Previous Message:  New to pacman frogs - urokeeper22, Mon Dec 25 18:01:12 2006