return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
International Reptile Conservation Foundation  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: False Coral Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Join USARK - Fight for your rights!
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Rodent Pro
pool banner - $50 year

RE: I'm in the same boat...

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Herps and Kids ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: T1tanrush at Sat Jul 14 13:25:22 2007  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by T1tanrush ]  

My starting place is garters, I've kept them from since I was like 5-6 years old. Some people start with corns or balls I did with garters. While yea corns are docile, who says an indigo or a bull is unable to be docile?
I know pinkies aren't the best, they where for the garters, I was just saying that to let you know that having and storing rodents isn't a big deal for me, if anything I can buy a small freezer for 100$ and set it up in the garage.
I was originally getting a job, but at this point I have too much to juggle and I can't manage to spend all the time at the job, I always have a good amount of money around for IF I need to treat. My garters have never seen a vet and never will, nor would a bullsnake unless I got a high quality color morph from online. An indigo would of course get a vet its not native.
Corns are slender, docile don't need much. I don't think that bulls require much care either and aren't all that big when you think about it. I think most of them stay around 6ft, but they can get 10ft I've seen pictures of a 10 ft bull. They also tame easily from what I've read/heard... Indigos are just cool, I know they are big but thats not an issue. I have space for the enclosure (and space for an outdoor if I got a bull), I know how to build them, everything...
I got a big lecture on their limits and being content last night haha. -_-;; Probably wont win this one.

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: I'm in the same boat... - killr_silhouette, Sat Jul 14 13:51:48 2007

<< Previous Message:  RE: I'm in the same boat... - killr_silhouette, Sat Jul 14 11:39:37 2007