return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
International Reptile Conservation Foundation  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Gecko . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Mar 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Mar 22, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Mar 23, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Tucson Herpetological Society Meeting - Mar 25, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Join USARK - Fight for your rights!
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Rodent Pro
pool banner - $50 year

RE: I'm in the same boat...

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Herps and Kids ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: thefiradragon at Thu Apr 11 16:15:57 2013  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by thefiradragon ]  

Sorry David but it is you who are mistaken. because they are ectothermic, they are able to maintain consciousness to the point of feeling their blood crystalize. it also goes against the AVMA codes of ethics for a humane euthanasia. being a mammal that has undergone severe hypothermia, the mammals have a better time about it. sure you get realy cold but once you get to the pount where the body stops shivering it is not that bad, you almost feel like yo uare warming up. then you are unconscious and dead shortly after.

Ashley

>>I just wanted to throw something in here about freezing: I dont know where you got your information from, but freezing reptiles does not amount to a slow painful death. Because they are cold blooded, they would not suffer the way a warm-blooded animal would. Their bodies would simple shut down, they would go to sleep and freeze. I am in no way condoning freezing animals (lol) but was just clarifying that misunderstanding.
>>
>>Have a good one!
>>
>>David
>>
>>
>>-----
>>David and Kevin
>>
>>KDRKreatures.com
>>Exotic Reptile Breeders - Specializing in Bearded Dragons
>>
>>Email
-----
"I’m scared of those nasty big-eyed grey aliens, too. I think it’s that I don’t understand their motivations. I am confident of my ability to out-think, out-con, or if need be, tire-iron-upside-the-head demonic forces, ghosts and goblins, things that go bump in the night, etc. It’s the notion of something that doesn’t have any desire to talk to me except via anal probe that freaks me out"

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

<< Previous Message:  RE: I'm in the same boat... - dmlove, Thu Oct 25 14:38:36 2007 image in post