return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Tinley Reflections: An open letter from Mom . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Healthy Herp
pool banner - $50 year

RE: Hatchling health issue

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Horned Lizards ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: reptoman at Wed Jan 17 18:39:04 2007  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by reptoman ]  

Fireside I'll give you this, that you most always support your views with something from a sight and I can appreciate that.

Admittedly I am so busy that I don't have the time to reflect on some of the responses as maybe I should, and in fact be a little more consise in my answers. THanks for your response and I move on... Certianly we all are bringing some intersting conversation that merits us studying some of this when it warmns up and getting a more difinitive answer if there are grey areas that can be pinpointed. Some of this is a matter of opinion.....and somr is unarguably fact, we all can post our opinions and I am gald that I can, whether anyone agrees or not-- also I haven't stopped learning and the conversation sharpens us all............

There's certianly no argument with respect to small prey if you look at my above post, and I have had many beardies as well over the years, and I am aware of to big a prey is definitely a contribution to sending them off into la la land......

Hope your feeling better, everyone around here has that same thing.........

LAST OF ALL AND JUST MY CURIOSITY - not to prolong a dead horse, what is your problem with wax worms, do you put those in the same catagory as mealworms? As stated above I do feed wax worms to my horned lizards as a treat from time to time, but like you I am pretty much an ant man but I do mix in a few here and there..... Also I am aware that big wax worms are hard for the HL to swallow and so again small prey wax worms, but they are nutrious and have moisture in them as well... I have seen HL's regurgitate these because they sometimes over eat, or if temps are to low they will do that as well. But nornmally they go through the body and are digested well not like other feeder insects I've seen that look like they went straight through but weren't digested? I would like to know more about regurgitation in HL's as opposed to other lizards, I am sure most people who have had Hls for any time have observed this, I am just curious if this is all from prey? Or other factors or both??????
-----
www.phrynosoma.org

______

signature file edited.

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: Hatchling health issue - Fireside3, Sun Jan 21 04:31:59 2007

<< Previous Message:  RE: Hatchling health issue - fireside3, Wed Jan 17 17:56:26 2007