return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Fence Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Kingsnake . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Join USARK - Fight for your rights!
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Rodent Pro
pool banner - $50 year

MayDay lemme ask ya a Q

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Mud & Musk Turtles ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: PHRatz at Tue Jan 16 20:47:56 2007  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by PHRatz ]  

MayDay,
Didn't you tell me once that a 40 gallon regular tank is a pretty good size for a mud? Just as good as a 40g breeder?

That student of mine never did come through with the tank that may or may not have been a 40g breeder. Last I heard she almost got it out of the attic but didn't.
I described what I've been looking for but she didn't know what the measurements were.. just that it was wider & shorter than a regular fish aquarium.

So now I have found a 40 gallon tank that's bowed outward in the middle so the floor space in that area is very wide which is what Scooter is used to. His Rubbermaid box is 3 feet long and is 2 feet wide.. he couldn't get used to the crampedness of that 30 gallon I bought him before. It was so narrow compared to what he's used to, he hated it & so did I.

Now I am seriously thinking about getting that tank I saw at the pet store. There's plenty of room to have his hide box in the center of it, plenty of room for a floating dock on the side & of course then I'll probably end up having to get a new filter but.. that can happen later.
This 40g is on sale for 20 dollars off, I have gift cards totalling $130.00 I have a 100 cash that was also a Christmas gift I'd be out zero from my own pocket with $ left over.
I figure I can't beat that with a stick!

A regular but odd shaped 40g should work fine don't ya think?

We still have the 30.. we're seriously thinking about using it as a fish aquarium so it won't sit collecting dust.
-----
PHRatz

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Hide Replies ]

>> Next topic:  Is this alright? - yellow_peanut, Sat Jan 20 06:53:55 2007
<< Previous topic:  Loggerhead/Razorback differences - BarryL, Fri Jan 5 02:47:47 2007