return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Fence Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Kingsnake . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
Polar Rodents - US based provider of frozen rats and mice.
pool banner - $50 year

better late than never

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Asian & European Ratsnakes ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: nydon at Wed Jan 24 04:51:15 2007  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by nydon ]  

You guys have been busy posting while I was gone. I had a photo shoot with a gorgeous Hungarian model yesterday. Man do I have it rough or what? haha

Anyway, I did not address the laws. I suspect for the U.S. there are two main reasons you do not see some of the Asian herps there. The first is that some of these countries protect their native species and do not allow export. Korea is one of them. The only true Korean diones in the US (legal ones) are from the original stock that Lloyd Lemke exported from here many years ago. All of the other diones you see out there come from China or elsewhere or are illegal. The other reason is simply that some countries have not realized the market/demand yet but still hold potential provided someone steps up and starts to export. On the reverse side is the difficulty importers from the US have locating responsible suppliers. Not only is there a lack of quality cb stock but I personnally know many people who have been burned by corrupt exporters. Africa is probably the best known country for export/import rip offs but they exist everywhere. I imported from Africa one time for a zoo here and although i got the shipment in it was shi* and if you can believe this, the reptiles where shipped in 8 x 10 manila envelopes! Unbelievable.

CITES has also caused many problems and although i understand the reasoning behind it, there are serious flaws with it. The last cb original CITES that i got from the US took 6 months to issue. In that time period I recieved at least 3 shipments of wc retics! I just do not understand why it takes less time to get wc permits than it does cb. It should be the other way around.

Well, let me go read all the new entries and if i have time i want to throw some anomala pics on.

Thanks, Don

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: better late than never - jfirneno, Wed Jan 24 06:52:35 2007
>> Next Message:  RE: better late than never - Shane_OK, Wed Jan 24 16:22:24 2007

<< Previous Message:  RE: Alright Don, round two... - ratsnakehaven, Mon Jan 22 21:42:54 2007