return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Tinley Reflections: An open letter from Mom . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Join USARK - Fight for your rights!
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Rodent Pro
pool banner - $50 year

RE: I'm in the same boat...

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Herps and Kids ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: T1tanrush at Fri Jul 13 23:33:35 2007  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by T1tanrush ]  

16.5 right now, I'll be attending a college closeby so I'll be living at home. One thing though, I hate corns and balls. Every snake newb in the world has them. I've done extensive research on snakes since I was old enough to read and listen to animal planet. I was keeping snakes at 5-6 years old. Of course I research any animal throughly before I get it to ensure I can properly care for it. I love bulls and indigos, whereast most large snakes generally don't interest me (other than burms/RTB but I'm not planning to keep them until I have the space for that size snake). Funny thing about frozen mice, I just got my package from rodent pro of 200 pinkies to feed to my 2 garters and my african clawed frog, I was originally going to have to buy and install a freezer to keep it away from the food, but persuasion worked out after all and they are in the freezer. Currently no job, I was going to get one this year but by the time I applied for it I would work 2 months then quit, not really worth it as I can't keep it through school (too many advanced classes and other responsibilities) to be able to dedicate 30 weekly hours to a job. I do however fix and resell motorcycles and flip a nice profit, only got 1 done this year and I made 400$, I have a dirt bike I had given to me up right now and I should be getting 300 from it so I can afford it yes, the most expensive cost - buying an indigo, bulls are free locally from parks...

My snakes have never escaped since I've captured this last pair. The one that escaped before was like 6 years ago, basically it was in a 5 gallon bucket away from the house, this is where I had to keep it. A storm rolled in and the bucket blew over and it got loose, I was pretty young and trying to make it work but unlucky we had a bad storm (uncommon).

I've researched temperment I know if I can tame down some super aggressive garters I can probably tame down a wild bull, which I've read and heard are pretty easy to tame down, Indigo would be gotten young and I would handle it frequently enough to tame it. Size of cage isn't a real problem. My garter cage is 60" X 24" X 28", its a nice cage and works really well. Housing a large snake isn't much of a problem.

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: I'm in the same boat... - killr_silhouette, Sat Jul 14 11:39:37 2007

<< Previous Message:  RE: I'm in the same boat... - killr_silhouette, Fri Jul 13 22:40:35 2007