return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Can a virus save Frogs from fungal disease? . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Join USARK - Fight for your rights!
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
Layne Labs - Natural Diets for Pets & Wildlife
pool banner - $50 year

Need help with Fimbriatus

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Uroplatus Geckos ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: livialeigh at Thu Apr 5 01:41:29 2007  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by livialeigh ]  

I aquired my first Uroplatus a few months ago, a Fimbriatus. She's ten inches total length, and absoloutely beautiful. I'm wondering how much they should weigh (in grams) as adults? She's a bit thin, and I'm trying to put some weight on her, but she doesnt appear to be gaining any. I bought a gram scale and will be weighing her weekly now. She was also midly dehydrated when I got her, and I can't seem to get her fully hydrated. I spray at least 2x and day, and have her in the shower once a week for about 20 minutes with luke warm water and foilage. Her tail, though, is still slightly curled on the ends. The humidity in her cage ranges from 60-80% and the temps between 72 and 79 degrees F. She seems to be eating lobster roaches, but I'm not sure if they're just getting out. I've seen her shed once and none was left over on her toes or other parts. I was told she's captive bred, but I have no way of proving that to be true. What else..? She's active at night and appears otherwise healthy. Should I have a fecal done to see why she doesn't appear to be gaining weight and can't get completely hydrated (she is drinking from what I've seen)? Will vets just run a fecal or do they have to examine the animal as well? The price isn't a problem, I just don't want to stress her by dragging her there if it's not necessary.

Sorry for the long post. Anything else you need to know, just ask! Thanks!!

Olivia

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: Need help with Fimbriatus - jadrig, Sat Apr 7 14:00:24 2007
>> Next Message:  RE: Need help with Fimbriatus - monremonda, Fri May 4 11:08:59 2007
>> Next Message:  RE: Need help with Fimbriatus - Just_Ders, Tue Sep 11 16:46:47 2007