return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Gopher Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Join USARK - Fight for your rights!
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Rodent Pro
pool banner - $50 year

RE: Questions about G. chameleontinus?

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Mountain/Tree Dragons ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: Bob1515 at Sun Apr 8 01:06:10 2007  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by Bob1515 ]  

Hi Guys!
Jobi thanks for the praise, things do seem to be going well for them, I attribute that to the guidance I got from you and Spawn! Thanks!

I appreciate the tips on their care, I was thinking they liked it hotter than the acanthosaura, but wasn't sure. The advice you gave really gives me something to work towards! I am waiting to see if the dealer can get these guys in, and, if so, their price and sex ratio. We'll see. I have a three foot cage, I am thinking 4-6 of them? It sounds like they are fairly similar to the Acanthosaura in the sense of humidity and water supply, so that's no biggie.

I just want to make sure that I get it right, males are the blue and orange color, and females are devoid of said colors? They are just greens? I have to be able to tell the dealer, they haven't worked with this species yet. I am really excited!

I also have a question about Acanthosaura, I have about 45 eggs incubating now, with what appear to be more on the way, but my females don't really seem to "bounce back" after they lay. They still eat, they just seem weakened. They don't get skinny, or act limp, just not their former energetic selves. If that makes sense... Also, when you get acanthosaura eggs, do all of them hatch in a given clutch? I usually loose a few, or sometimes whole clutches save one or two. Does it sound like I am doing something wrong in terms of incubating them? My temps fluctuate from 72/75F-80/83F. That seems right and the humidity is never below 68-70%. I even mist the eggs if I notice them denting, this seems to revive them. I haven't had any hatch yet, as I haven't been keeping them that long, but still, after all this work I sure would like to!

As a little side note, the grandis are doing very well. They have the most adorable little "pot" bellies! But they still think they are crocodiles, they will bite like crazy! Well, thanks to you both so much for all your help. And jobi, your lizards are beautiful!!!

Regards,
Robert

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: Questions about G. chameleontinus? - jobi, Sun Apr 8 04:21:46 2007 image in post

<< Previous Message:  RE: Questions about G. chameleontinus? - jobi, Sat Apr 7 19:02:32 2007