return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: False Coral Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
RodentPro.com - feeders for less!
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Healthy Herp
pool banner - $50 year

RE: Collecting Gray Treefrogs

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Tree Frogs ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: ginebig at Sun Apr 29 07:29:49 2007  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by ginebig ]  

I understand your points, but in my case catching local wild reptiles and amphibians has been a part of me for about 50 years. It's just what I do every year from spring to fall.I actually moved to where I am now specifically to find eastern hog nosed snakes with the insane idea of trying to protect them. They are concidered by most in this area to be poisonous and therefore feared and killed on site.

I don't keep anything that I can't get to eat within two weeks and I don't keep what I catch late in the fall for fear they won't survive the winter here. In Michigan hibernation is a factor:e.

Also,if they aren't being hunted by the thousands for resale, a few gone missing now and then won't hurt the population. Trust me, that's the last thing I want to see happen.

The Gray I have now is doing quite well. He's fat and sassy. Gets to eat on a regular basis (a couple crickets every other night)and I get the priveledge of listening to his song now and then.

And as a side note, I do catch leagally. A fishing liscense is required to catch frogs and turtles, and I fish, and eat what I catch every year.

Quig
-----
Don't interupt me when I'm talkin' to myself

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: Collecting Gray Treefrogs - redtaildaddy, Mon Apr 30 08:57:16 2007

<< Previous Message:  RE: Collecting Gray Treefrogs - rrrragdoll, Sun Apr 29 00:32:48 2007