return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Fence Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Kingsnake . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Rodent Pro
pool banner - $50 year

RE: Hydration Therapy?

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Horned Lizards ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: rkhorne at Mon Jun 25 09:13:31 2007  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by rkhorne ]  

Why a dry cage with external watering you ask. Past bad experiences with spilled water getting the cage too wet & stinky (causing me to toss out bags of calci-sand at $15 /bag!), assorted care sheets and articles I've read about repiratory diseases in desert animals, and a lot of trial and error experiments culminating in positive results associated with this particular technique. Nothing I could prove scientifically, it's just that this method seems to work best for me. The real problem with this particular technique is that it is very hands on....can you say "vacation impact".

I guess now that I've learned to use very well ventilated cages, I could switch to play sand and put in the shallow plate as seen in your post. Maybe then I could actually find someone I trust enough to adequately take care of them and take a real vacation?

BTW....the dwarf Solare isn't really a dwarf any more. It's still small, about 1/2 the size of its sibling, but clearly it's growing and thriving now. Only took a year and a half to "kick in". The sibling on the other hand is a brute, now bigger then the DHL's twice his age. Do you know what should I be expecting for adult Solares weights?

Roger

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: Hydration Therapy? - Cable_Hogue, Tue Jun 26 21:06:01 2007

<< Previous Message:  RE: Hydration Therapy? - Cable_Hogue, Sat Jun 23 14:28:09 2007