return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: False Coral Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Join USARK - Fight for your rights!
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Rodent Pro
pool banner - $50 year

new behavior

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Red-eared & Other Sliders ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: golfdiva at Wed Jul 25 18:25:44 2007  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by golfdiva ]  

Hi everyone! I usually hang out in the boxie's section, but I have 2 water turtles too, and I have a question about one of them.

Here is their history: I got them from a reptile shelter about 1 1/2 years ago. They were confiscated as part of an animal cruelity/neglect bust. They were alert, active and ate well when I got them. They both had a couple of spots of shell rot which has cleared up nicely. The male is about 7" slider and the female is about 5" cooter. They were housed together at the shelter and I kept them together. They are in a 135 gallon tank outside.

I hadn't seen the female, Rose, for a couple of days and began to worry. I tore the pond apart and couldn't find her. I started searching the rest of the enclosure and finally found her. She was completely buried in one of the flower beds! She was in the hole head first.

What's up with that? Why would she want to bury herself? We have had some warm weather - 80's - is the water in the tank too warm for her? The slider seems fine.

Thanks for shining some light on this behavoir!
-----
0.1.0 ornate box turtle
1.0.0 eastern box turtle
1.0.0 Yellow belly slider
0.1.0 Red belly cooter
0.1.0 Australian shepard
1.11.0 chickens
1.0.0 Dutch(rabbit)
3.2.0 children (do I still count the married ones?)
1.0.0 husband

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: new behavior - croc 2-3, Thu Jul 26 07:12:11 2007