return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Tinley Reflections: An open letter from Mom . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Join USARK - Fight for your rights!
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Rodent Pro
pool banner - $50 year

ranting....

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Sulcata & Spurred Tortoises ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: weebeasties at Thu Sep 13 18:37:20 2007  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by weebeasties ]  

Ok so I took in this ladies sick tortoise in June. Injured by a larger male, injured three times by a nasty human and is impacted with gravel from living in a pen with inadaquate food. I have worked with this tortoise every day, cleaning wounds , tube feeding and watering, enemas , the works. If you've read my other posts you know this has been a trial. She wouldn't eat couldn't poop and felt lowsy!
I currently have her wounds healed, her appetite back and she is begining to pass the gravel. She still has at least another month of constant attention to make sure she continues to eat (she eats well if hand fed but very little if left on her own), and to monitor poop process.
The owner wants me to have her (said this origionally) and I was doing all this to eventually own her. Well now the owner wants $1000 for her...(for a sick 50 pounder) and if she gets her back she'll put her back in with the male (bigger) in the gravel pen outside here in the Northwest. She feels they will be lonely without each other!
I've offered this lady $500 for the male and $200 for the female because she owes me almost $800.00 in medical expenses and care.
It's killing me that if she doesnt accept my offer she will just pay me, take the female and dump her back outside to suffer the same fate or worse.
She even suggested I just go buy her a serval cub and we'll trade "cause that's what I really want". Geez
I can't begin to tell you how attached I've become to this girl. I don't care if she ever lays another egg. She deserves good care, and right now needs constant care. I feel by letting this lady have her tortoise back I'm letting the tortoise down.I am beating myself up for being so gulabul and getting so smitten.
I don't know if I'm writting this for advice or just to make myself feel better but it's nice to know this forums here either way. Ok I'm done venting...Thanks

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: ranting.... - melindaste, Fri Sep 14 09:25:30 2007