return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: False Coral Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Join USARK - Fight for your rights!
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Rodent Pro
pool banner - $50 year

the rest of the story...

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Sulcata & Spurred Tortoises ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: weebeasties at Wed Sep 26 18:20:31 2007  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by weebeasties ]  

and a few questions.
The owner of the female I've been working with has finally agreed to sell her to me for another $400.00 AND if I take care of her male for a year for free!!! Ok so I'm an idiot for agreeing but if I didn't she was just going to trade them to someone for a serval cub. Bottom line is both tortoises are in my care and no longer in danger. The male excaped his pen again at her home the other day and was nearly run over by a log truck!
Alot can happen in a year, so maybe she'll give him up by then too. The female is passing more gravel all the time now. I think she'll be fine in another month or two.
A question about the male...he has a few signs of nutritional issues but seems otherwise healthy. He is a bit miffed about his new enviroment and is still ramming everything. Now I know little torts sometimes "wiggle" a bit when standing but should an adult? He is exerting himself alot right now but he gets a bit wobbly? I haven't spent alot of time around bigger ones and since care has been poor for the last five years I'm a bit paranoid. What is a fair market price for a female and male about 50 - 60 pounds each? (Doesn't matter since I'd do just about anything to keep these guys from going back to where they were) again just curoius. Thanks to all for your support!

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Hide Replies ]

>> Next topic:  Male or Female?? What do you think? - dawgcr, Fri Sep 28 19:57:59 2007
<< Previous topic:  State Fair - dan w., Tue Sep 25 00:32:51 2007