return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: False Coral Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Join USARK - Fight for your rights!
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Healthy Herp
pool banner - $50 year

RE: Getting to know everyone, and thier

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Sulcata & Spurred Tortoises ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: PHRatz at Fri Nov 2 22:20:26 2007  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by PHRatz ]  

>>Phratz I had no idea Destiny was shot with a gun--geez!! how can people do that? Great outcome, glad she ended up with you.

I know I don't get it. HOW could anyone DO that? Even 5 years later I can get really really bent out of shape when I think about it but.. she's ok now so I have to let it go!

Today I came home from buying pet foods and she was right in front of the gate so I couldn't get the car in. Some people in an SUV stopped because they'd seen her. They asked all about her & that's exactly what the man said. WHY would anyone want to shoot her? I said what I always say.. some people are just mean!

That odd gray color on her shell is where the vet has covered the bullet holes. They still are not completely healed but it's been a year now since the old acrylic was removed & this layer was put on.. I think once this starts to wear off she more than likely won't need any new acrylic applied. She's had it done then redone 4 times now since she got here.
I'm hoping there's enough healed now that she won't need anything else done.
Thanks for the kind words, I agree it's been a great outcome because after we took her in I found out that oh my gosh who'da thunk it would happen this way??? It turns out that where we live is very similar to her native land & we just happened to already have all the different foods growing here that she needs... that has got to be fate!
-----
PHRatz

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: Getting to know everyone, and thier - dawgcr, Sat Nov 3 14:25:10 2007

<< Previous Message:  RE: Getting to know everyone, and thier - dawgcr, Fri Nov 2 20:38:09 2007