return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Reintroduced Siamese Crocodile exhibits first time nesting . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
RodentPro.com - feeders for less!
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Rodent Pro
pool banner - $50 year

RE: Mossy tree frogs

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Frogs ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: rotarymagic at Thu Nov 1 17:24:00 2007  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by rotarymagic ]  

Since they stay in the water quite a bit, I'd recommend getting a decent filter. I have mine setup 2/3 water and 1/3 land with a bunch of plants, corkbark shore, etc... I feel that it's necessary to have a biologically stable environment and I do weekly water changes on the tank. If you test the water your frogs are in, I'm sure it'll make you buy a filter since the ammonia levels will be VERY high since they defecate directly into the water and without some sort of area for aerobic bacteria to properly congregate and circulate water(i.e. filter with pump) then you run into the problem of the inability or crippled ability for ammonia to enter the nitrogen cycle which is bad and since frogs tend to absorb anything directly through their skin, you will create a terrible situation... I will say that I occasionally had issues with a few troublemakers that didn't want to eat for some odd reason and were being outcompeted, but I isolate "skinnies" and feed them individually if this occurs. I've had lots of fun with my mossies and the calls are definitely interesting without being ridiculously loud (see kassina maculata or solomon island eyelash frogs for explanation of loud calls.)
-----
1.1 Chocolate Leucomelas
2.0.2 green and bronze auratus
0.0.1 D. truncatus.
3.2 K. Maculata
0.0.1 blue white's tree frog
0.0.1 suriname mossy tree frog(looks like birdpoo LOL)
0.0.5 Vietnamese mossy frogs
0.0.1 Pyxie frog
1.0.0 95% Green Ceratophrys Cornuta(looking for more greens!)

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Hide Replies ]

>> Next topic:  Michigan Tree Frog Question - cmscorns, Tue Oct 30 13:45:32 2007
<< Previous topic:  New to forum and in need of help! - meme_cantu, Fri Oct 26 13:15:43 2007