return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: False Coral Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Rodent Pro
pool banner - $50 year

RE: Would like some info

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Frilled Dragons ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: Breaker at Thu Nov 1 13:34:38 2007  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by Breaker ]  

ok well... ive read a billion care sheets and they seem to agree on most things, but your right, much of it conflicts. I saw a care sheet once that said to keep the temp well over 120... wow.... but anyways...this sounds about right and ill furthur discuss the sheet once youve read it. http://www.repticzone.com/caresheets/157.html
ok, ill discuss the topics that it presents. Sexing and characteristics, right on...
Ok here we go Substrate and water needs, not specific enough.. ok make sure there is a water bowl that the frilled dragon can sulk in without the water reaching the head. If the frilled "goes" in the pan change it about everyday, if not, about 2 times a week. For a young frillie i recommend repticarpet, or something along those lines so the young frillie can get around easy and catch prey. Adults can have a numbe rof things since they like to climb and are not on the ground too much. Use your common sense, pick somehting that will keep humidity between 55-70, and is comfortable and digestible if in small enough bits to eat, like soil for instance. I use trex forest bed expandable substrate. WIth that i plant live plants to keep in humidity, although my frilled likes fake plants better cuz they are sturdier.

Lighting and UVB: right on, except I would do 12-14 hours of light, 12 in winter and 14 in summer. More specifically, id say 100-150 watt heat bulb depending on if your house is usually cool or warm.

Temperatures and Humidity: dead on

Heating and Equipment: fine

Caging Provided: dead on- and keep that in mind, a frillie wont live confortably in a small cage so if u cant afford the bigger cage... I wouldnt get a frillie.

Diets.. supplements... nutrition....about right....
But more specifically, you can see for yourself how much your frillie needs to eat. Its simple, when the frillie is full, he/she will stop eating... so always offer food at first to get a feel for how often the frillie wants to eat and how much. More specifically with vitamins.. i use rep cal herpative 1/4 times that I feed her and calcium with vitamin D4 1/2 times that i feed her, as well as gutloading the crickets with the Flukers cricket feed and cricket quencher.

Maintenance: Ok... but a lot on how often you clean the cage depends on what kind of substrate... If your using the forest bed by trex u can scoop out poop easily so I change mine once a month. When she was on newspaper and then the repti carpet, i had to change it once a week.

Well the rest is ur decision, if you have any other questions feel free to ask.

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

<< Previous Message:  Would like some info - TroublemakinReptiles, Tue Oct 30 15:27:05 2007