return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
International Reptile Conservation Foundation  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: False Coral Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Rodent Pro
pool banner - $50 year

RE: Fed ex certification

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Shipping Discussion ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: SSSSman at Sat Nov 10 08:36:29 2007  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by SSSSman ]  

Could you please describe the process for us?

Also, I am a bit confused as to why a person would want to get certified, and tell the shipper what's in the box? My experience has been that most people are afraid of, or harbor some hatered for snakes. Once I place that package in their care, I do not wish to attract any extra attention to it. I want them to handle it like any other package. I can just see some fearful or hateful person kicking the box accross the tarmac, or leaving it in the sun, just because they don't like snakes. And if it wer'nt labeled as such, they'd never know. As far as I'm concerned, they just need to deliver that package to it's destination as planned, and paid for,...and mind their own business.

On a side note, I have learned through many years of eating at the drive through window, that my best bet is to get the pre-designed value meal, without any changes, without anything special, without any requests. Any time I try to "have it my way", I change what they are used to, and my chances of them screwing up my order go up, exponentialy!

As far as I'm concerned, the spirit of the law, with regard to the Lacey Act, is to let the shipper know when they are dealing with anything potentially dangerous or hazardous. I don't ship hots, or anything that could hurt anyone, so what's the deal? If they kill it during transport, they won't pay for it anyway, right? Have I missed something? I don't get it. Seems to me the best way to ship a harmless animal, is quietly and covertly. I don't have plans to get "certified" unless I start breeding hots.

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Hide Replies ]

>> Next topic:  Where to get heatpacks - GrotesqueBurgess, Wed Nov 14 17:13:03 2007
<< Previous topic:  OK Guru's, odd temp question - rainbowsrus, Tue Oct 23 11:57:41 2007