return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply  
click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Tinley Reflections: An open letter from Mom . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Rodent Pro
pool banner - $50 year

RE: Help! My Russian Tortoise...

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Turtles ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: buslady at Sat Dec 1 10:36:09 2007  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by buslady ]  

>>I have a russian tortoise that I got about a month ago. I am concerned because she doesn't eat or poop very much... she eats very little and i've only seen her poop maybe 2 times. Could it just be that she is not adjusted to her new home yet? Her box is fairly large and has a lot of reptile bark for burrowing and a heat lamp and water for soaking, and i feed her yams, lettuce, snow peas, etc, and occasionally also feed her fruit. I spray her twice a day and soak her in warm water about once a week to avoid dehydration. I take her outside every couple of days (I live in the seattle area - not very nice weather in the fall...) where she seems to enjoy running around and occasionally eating grass and such.
>>
>>Any thoughts on her habits and how to make her happier would be welcome!

Get more fiber in her diet with more greens, and if possible good old weeds from outside - as long as it's not sprayed with pesticides of course. ZooMed puts out a tortoise pellet that's full of fiber, I used it on Ben when he lived here and his turds became alot more firmer than before. I would crumbl;ed this up and mix in in his diet which was mostly greens of all sorts, sometimes grated zuchinni, potato, squash and carrots.

-----
Buslady of SoCal
Breeder of Ornate Wood Turtles
Rhinoclemmys Pulcherrima Manni
Don, Jess, Raph,Suzie, Steve, Herbie and Squirt.
Reeves: Cody
Spotted: ???

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

<< Previous Message:  Help! My Russian Tortoise... - tess10210, Tue Nov 6 22:49:20 2007