return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
click here for Rodent Pro  
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Gopher Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Join USARK - Fight for your rights!
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
pool banner - $50 year

RE: Ahhh, 3rd grade profanity. . . . . .

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Mountain Kingsnakes ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: peter54 at Tue Dec 4 04:11:36 2007  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by peter54 ]  

All six of my 2005 born agalmas have been feeding well later than usual this year, so I have kept them going until now. I fed them the last time last week and I have now started the 3 week "no food full temp"-period. My plan is to brumate them until end of March and try to mate them late April. Two of my four females seem large enough to be mated.

I also have my huge female that got ill late August. She has been in isolation since and I started her brumation in mid October. I still don't know what's wrong with her. She seems alert but she moves kinda slow and her back end is a bit stiff. I'm very reluctant to let the vet perform a liver biopsy on her, my fear is that such an operation would be fatal to a snake this size.

If she gets thru the brumation period okay and feeds after that, I will put my older male in with her and let him stay there (I will not risk to compromise my six 2005 beauties). Hopefully my large female can produce a litter of eggs together with that 1999 rather dull male of mine.

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Hide Replies ]

>> Next topic:  Puking agalma update - Olenoides, Sat Dec 8 16:14:23 2007
<< Previous topic:  Trying hard to - peter54, Sun Dec 2 05:28:24 2007