return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
International Reptile Conservation Foundation  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Fence Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Kingsnake . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Rodent Pro
pool banner - $50 year

RE: What's going on here?

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Herp Society Forum ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: jeaux at Wed Jan 23 11:42:51 2008  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by jeaux ]  

Thanks Bill,

To start off, On January 16, 2008 the new Board of Directors held a meeting to elect our new President for 2008. I was chosen to lead this organization for the 2008 year and I am proud to accept this elected position.

Past presidents have built a sturdy foundation for this society, which has lasted over the years including 2005 where our members were devastated by hurricane Katrina. Although this may have damaged our membership by moving people away from the gulf coast it could not dissolve our core values. I would like to assure our members that these values still represent our purpose.

1) Responsible captive husbandry of reptiles and amphibians
2) Field observation and responsible collecting of reptiles and amphibians
3) Public education about reptiles and amphibians
4) Conservation of reptiles and amphibians, especially in the gulf south
5) Increase public awareness of the society.

With this being said, my vision of the upcoming year is to cater to our existing participating members. The plan is to increase social and educational activities for our existing members and to improve communication within the organization. Plans for this year in addition to our monthly meetings, our May Kisatchie trip and our annual April crawfish boil include a June cookout and a November BBQ. Also plans are in the works for various field and herping trips. I think our motto for 2008 should be “If we build it they will come.”

Our 2008 Officers and directors are

President Joe Mathis
Vice-President Mitch Allen
Membership/ Secretary and web master Fred Mattingly
Treasurer Troy Day
Program Director Eric Marquette
Outreach/ Public events David Chaisson
Regulation/ Legislator Watchdog Peter Zipperer
Herping field trips/ Apparel David Heidel

The LGCHS is looking forward to member participation to bring this society to a new level. Like the gulf coast the rebuilding process will take some work but we have good people and a good foundation to start with.

I hope this clears up any concerns that any past or present members have about our existence. The web page is being up dated regularly for up coming events and is the best source for information at this time. Any input from members is welcome as well as questions concerning the LGCHS. I can be reached at swampman@bellsouth.com

Sincerely,
Joe Mathis

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: What's going on here? - jeaux, Wed Jan 23 12:28:40 2008
>> Next Message:  RE: What's going on here? - 99vengeur, Wed Jan 23 12:53:14 2008

<< Previous Message:  RE: What's going on here? - wildtropics, Tue Jan 22 15:21:08 2008