return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Tinley Reflections: An open letter from Mom . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Join USARK - Fight for your rights!
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Rodent Pro
pool banner - $50 year

RE: What other species can coexist?

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Crested Geckos ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: sleepygecko at Wed Apr 30 22:47:06 2008  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by sleepygecko ]  

Haha, still laughing at the comment about eating its own tail. I'm glad my gecko hasn't "discovered" her tail that way... yet...

Just to add in on the "personality" discussion. I wanted a crested because a friend's crested was the most laid back creature on the plant. Totally fine hanging out for hours on your arm while you did something else... Instead I got a gecko with ADD. I sometimes think her head is going to fall off for all the snapping toward moving objects she does! She's a great gecko... but, well, kinda like Launchpad McQuack, I'm probably losing my audience here- Let's just say she's so distracted, she'll even get distracted in mid flight, miss her target and get saved by her tail... usually with a surprised look only matched by my own that she hasn't knocked herself out... again, YET.

I agree with many of the posters, crested are slightly more aggressive to one another than say a leo, and even two females have a greater potential for harassment. Gargs are not a good idea at all, they're even more aggressive. Perhaps if you were able to get two cresteds at a young age, assumed female and raised them together you'd have the least problems.

I have to ask about the waxworms - isn't that unhealthy? Everything I've ever read states waxworms only for rare treats or treating underweights. Excess waxworms seem to be bad for gecko "output" as well... all the fat. How are your geckos, age and weight? I'm curious as I've heard no one claim to a long term diet of waxworms. Ironically our crested won't take anything in worm form, but we've got a sick leo in that's moving up from waxes to crickets and waxes so that is an excellent sign, but we're still knee deep in bulk waxworms! Thanks in advance.
-----
0.1 Albino Leo Gecko
0.1 Crested Gecko
1.0 Dear Boyfriend
Departed: Harvey and Spock

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: What other species can coexist? - warnersister, Thu May 1 17:56:29 2008

<< Previous Message:  RE: What other species can coexist? - mike1234, Wed Apr 30 21:22:28 2008