return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Fence Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Kingsnake . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Rodent Pro
pool banner - $50 year

RE: Hey, Thunder Dan

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Racers & Coachwhips ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: Thunder_Dan at Sun Jun 1 00:59:04 2008  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by Thunder_Dan ]  

>>Where did you find your red coachwhip? This one is from Arizona.
>>
WOW! That one looks EXACTLY like the one I found. Sorry I can't post a pic, but I'll try later. It is a good 4 feet long, quick as a thought, and vicious too!!! LOL.

You won't believe how ELATED I am that it ate a hopper today. I'll probably have to get at least 3 next time... or perhaps I should try a small mouse? Hopefully, this means that it'll continue to eat mice and I won't have to let it go. Although I live here in the desert, it is still TOUGH to catch those lizards... unless you have some idea that would make lizard catching simpler!!!

I caught it here in Mesa. We're right off of the 202 (Red Mountain) and Higley Road. It was about 5:30 pm when some friends saw it on the road and turned around to get me. Some kids helped me corral it (I don't have a snake hook YET) and I was able to grab its latter half. Amazingly, it didn't bite me immediately. It did try to nip and struck itself, but overall, it was pretty calm. It wasn't until I was surrounded by about 20 kids, that it got nervous, crawled back up to my hand, nosed my index finger, grabbed ahold and go VICIOUS!!! That was Wednesday and the bite is already healed over and all.

Sorry for the book, but I was/AM still excited about this guy. LOL. You live in the area too? Where was that guy caught? I look forward to hearing from you!

Take it easy!
-----
0.1 Blotched King Snake - Relena
1.0 Amelanistic Corn Snake - Peek-a-Boo
1.0 Snow Corn - Hiro
1.0 Albino Bull X Albino Pine - Sven
0.0.1 Western Coachwhip - REALLY RED!
1.0 Bearded Dragon - King Kamehameha

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  good find - 53kw, Sun Jun 1 21:45:50 2008 image in post

<< Previous Message:  Hey, Thunder Dan - 53kw, Sat May 31 22:15:24 2008 image in post