return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply  
click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Tinley Reflections: An open letter from Mom . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
Layne Labs - Natural Diets for Pets & Wildlife
pool banner - $50 year

people are ignorant

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Sulcata & Spurred Tortoises ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: bonomoc08 at Thu Jun 12 00:15:38 2008  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by bonomoc08 ]  

About a week or two ago, I was raking out the tortoise pen, and replacing the mulch in the dog-gloos as I do every week, and my next door neighbor walks up to me. She started a conversation with me and then she makes the comment, "You should release your tortoises". Release the sulcatas in Florida? She goes, "Yeah, I don't see why not." I said over my dead body. She went on about how she doesn't like to see animals suffer. Is freeroam of a two-acre yard and an 18foot by 21foot pen they only have to go into at night sound like 'suffering'? She goes "Well, if you'd just open up the gate, they could go on their way, and you'd feel a lot better about yourself." I said well, why don't you just open up your gate and let your "Designer" mutt dog go and then you can feel just great about yourself. She goes "Well they'd be alot better off out there. I know." I said, well how do you know? Have you kept them for eight years? She said no. I said, have you kept tortoises at all? She said no. I said, "Exactly! You don't know." Then she started about how I was violating animal rights and that she's going to call an animal shelter to come and take them to get them better homes. I turned on my ipod, finished the job and walked away. I'm still waiting for her to call an animal shelter on me!

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: people are ignorant - bw77, Thu Jun 12 18:28:40 2008