return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Fence Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Kingsnake . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Join USARK - Fight for your rights!
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Rodent Pro
pool banner - $50 year

Pacific Tree Frogs terrarium

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Tree Frogs ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: roboticboredom at Thu Jun 26 17:57:26 2008  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by roboticboredom ]  

I caught a pair of pacific tree frogs in my yard a few weeks ago, they are everywhere out here (living up in the hill outside of seattle).
I currently have them set up in a forrest vivarium type tank with a pond, the pond is on the small side and i have some aquatic plants in there to help filter the water, they dont really go into the pond very often and it doesn't get very dirty so i am assuming this would be sufficient to keep it clean??? There not enough room for a filter, well none that i have seen at the stores will fit.
Second i have small rocks with a layer of screen and then coconut mulch substrate for the plants on the land side, i have a tropical bromeliad type plat that is doing well and then i had some types of irish moss that totally died, i think it was because i couldnt get all the potting dirt out of the roots and maybe they got smotherd. I dont know... i just took those out and got some moss from rocks from my yard, cleaned them off really good in spring water and we'll see how this goes. I am VERY new to terrarium building so dont be too harsh!! I just need some help to steer me in the right direction.

I am currently feeding the frogs outside of their terrarium once a week with as many crickets and wax worms as they will eat, they seem pretty fat happy and lively. I think they are both females tho as the dont make any calls and both have white throats.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank!

-Beth

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: Pacific Tree Frogs terrarium - batrachos, Thu Jun 26 20:51:23 2008