return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: False Coral Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Join USARK - Fight for your rights!
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
Layne Labs - Natural Diets for Pets & Wildlife
pool banner - $50 year

RE: What do i do?

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Crested Geckos ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: mmfh at Fri Aug 15 00:41:51 2008  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by mmfh ]  

Thank you for your reply.
I was very worried about the little guy so what i actually did was to put him in a little cup with some tepid water and a tiny drop of vegetable oil. He did not like being in the water but the cup was so little he had to stay in it. I left him in there for 15 minutes and then gently used a q-tip to remove the skin........the shed was on his neck and slightly down his sides and 2 toes had been stuck together.The skin came off very easily. I'm hoping the toes become slightly less scrunched looking now that the skin is off, the colour in his toes is still good. You're right, the poor little guy did not like this proceedure but didn't panic as i was afraid he would. He still has a bit of skin on his one side that i'm working on with a wet q-tip. Again, thank you for your response, i kinda jumped the gun on waiting for an answer because he'd been like this for about a week and i was thinking time might be running out.
melissa.

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Hide Replies ]

>> Next topic:  Cresties fighting after breeding? - christopher0us, Wed Aug 20 22:10:26 2008
<< Previous topic:  what makes it a super dalmation? - mike1234, Wed Aug 6 00:31:40 2008