return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Reintroduced Siamese Crocodile exhibits first time nesting . . . . . . . . . .  Can a virus save Frogs from fungal disease? . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Rodent Pro
pool banner - $50 year

RE: Large Lump on Anoles Head

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Anoles ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: herpdome420 at Thu Jan 29 09:22:26 2009  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by herpdome420 ]  

Yes, I understand the frustration you are experiencing with people who just say, "Well why'd you get the pet if you couldn't pay for a veterinary visit?" I know firsthand that all vets are is a place where they charge you for a bad report.

I thought about this for a while, about the lump on your anole, and I might have a solution for it. Have you ever heard about calcium bentonite clay? This is a therapeutic clay that draws toxins from animals and people.

My female green anole developed an infection over her right eye, and it was getting really bad. She was really lethargic and wouldn't eat anything. I thought I was going to lose her until I decided to try to put the clay over her eye. The infection disappeared. Unfortunately, she lost her eye in the process, but she has returned to good health and appetite albeit a missing eye.

I would recommend to search the internet for places to buy calcium bentonite clay. The thing works on animals and people and can be used orally and topically. Just mix the powder in water and smear a coat over the bump a few times a week. If the mass is harmful, it should go away in a matter of a few weeks. Or even less if you apply enough. Note: There is no such thing as adding too much of this. He won't die of clay poisoning because it is all natural and contains no chemicals.

I hope this helps.

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: Large Lump on Anoles Head - Thamnophile, Mon Mar 16 10:04:37 2009

<< Previous Message:  RE: Large Lump on Anoles Head - Delanole, Wed Jan 21 06:40:59 2009