return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Reintroduced Siamese Crocodile exhibits first time nesting . . . . . . . . . .  Can a virus save Frogs from fungal disease? . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Healthy Herp
pool banner - $50 year

RE: Thinking about getting a Frilled dra

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Frilled Dragons ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: fc3schick87 at Wed Mar 11 15:58:35 2009  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by fc3schick87 ]  

you can use regular house bulbs and regular clamp lamps you can buy from home depo for 7$ to maintain that heat. they like bright light so i do suggest you use that many lights inside the enclosure, i have so many because i have a large enclosure and thats how many light at 65 wats that it requires for me to maintain the temps, fewer lights can be used but higher wats are nessasary to bring temp up, higher wat higher heat bulbs cant use normal clamp lamp and need 12$ clamps with ceramic base, if its to hot in the sumer you can reduce the lights. but you definantly need the UVB 10 and dont use compact florecent lights because they send out harmfull concentration of uvb that can give sunburn and other issues. remember its important to maintian good heat inside the enclosure expecialy for newly aquired frill dragons so they dont stress to much!

crickets, roaches, super worms (which are slightly fattening) silk worms, horn worms, earth worms, butter worms(fattening) but never meal worms. meal worms are little to no protien and all shell. not good! dont feed wild caught incects because you do not knonw what they have ingested or walked in and may contain harmfull chemycals

feed as much as they will eat with in 15 min. feeding from a cup or container is good way to tell how many they have eaten, dont feed anything larger then the space between their eyes

you can also read on beautiful dragon.com in the nutritonal list of fruit and vegies to feed if your dragon is willing.

pinkies or small hopper mice can be given to the right size frill dragon but sparingly they dont contain enough nutrience to be given often.

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Hide Replies ]

>> Next topic:  Over Eating - deadlock112, Tue Mar 17 11:40:51 2009
<< Previous topic:  My first Frilly - deadlock112, Tue Mar 3 19:06:56 2009